Basic Garage Door Maintenance
Call The Woodlands Garage Door Service, Justin Hodges today for your yearly tune up for only $42.50
Many people forget about their garage door until it breaks and that is usually at the most inconvenient time . With our yearly tune up we will make sure your garage door is functioning properly and is safe for future use. Taking care of your garage door before problems happen will save you money in the long run and ensure the safety of your garage door and others.
If your garage door is behaving at this moment, you can probably keep it working that way almost indefinitely if you follow these tips, These same tips may also correct problems that are just beginning to appear: Remember to fix the problem before it arises to ensure safety and no further issues .
- Examine the rollers and tracks on the garage door. If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned them, clean the rollers and tracks with a good brushing and to lubricate the rollers and axles. The bearings on rollers can also wear out; replace any rollers that don’t operate smoothly.
- We can change the rollers to nylon rollers instead of plastic to achieve a more quiet garage door
- Tighten the hardware. The tracks that guide the rollers on an overhead garage door are assembled in sections and attached to the garage with brackets. Makes sure the sections are well secured and that the screws and bolts that hold the brackets are tight.
- Check the cables and pulleys. Spring operated garage doors have cables and pulleys that may wear out over time. Frayed cables and damaged pulleys need to be replaced—a job best done by professionals.
- Test the door balance. A garage door should require only a few pounds of pressure to move it up and down. If springs wear out and lose their resiliency, a garage door opener may need to work extra hard to lift the door. This can quickly wear out the motor on the garage door opener. Replacing worn-out springs is a job for a professional technician.
- Test the autoreverse feature on the door opener. Garage door openers are designed to automatically reverse and lift the door if it encounters an obstacle on the way down to the floor. If this feature no longer works correctly, the heavy door poses a safety hazard and the door opener should be repaired or replaced.
We will inspect your garage door with our inspection tune up to ensure that your garage door is safe and preforming properly , also we will lubricate and make any adjustments that need to be made
Give The Woodlands Garage Door Service a call today to schedule your yearly tune up for only $42.50
Justin Hodges 832-928-4407