Basic Garage Door Maintenance
Call The Woodlands Garage Door Service, Justin Hodges today for your yearly tune up for only $42.50
Many people forget about their garage door until it breaks and that is usually at the most inconvenient time . With our yearly tune up we will make sure your garage door is functioning properly and is safe for future use. Taking care of your garage door before problems happen will save you money in the long run and ensure the safety of your garage door and others.
If your garage door is behaving at this moment, you can probably keep it working that way almost indefinitely if you follow these tips, These same tips may also correct problems that are just beginning to appear: Remember to fix the problem before it arises to ensure safety and no further issues .
- Examine the rollers and tracks on the garage door. If you can’t remember the last time you cleaned them, clean the rollers and tracks with a good brushing and to lubricate the rollers and axles. The bearings on rollers can also wear out; replace any rollers that don’t operate smoothly.
- We can change the rollers to nylon rollers instead of plastic to achieve a more quiet garage door
- Tighten the hardware. The tracks that guide the rollers on an overhead garage door are assembled in sections and attached to the garage with brackets. Makes sure the sections are well secured and that the screws and bolts that hold the brackets are tight.
- Check the cables and pulleys. Spring operated garage doors have cables and pulleys that may wear out over time. Frayed cables and damaged pulleys need to be replaced—a job best done by professionals.
- Test the door balance. A garage door should require only a few pounds of pressure to move it up and down. If springs wear out and lose their resiliency, a garage door opener may need to work extra hard to lift the door. This can quickly wear out the motor on the garage door opener. Replacing worn-out springs is a job for a professional technician.
- Test the autoreverse feature on the door opener. Garage door openers are designed to automatically reverse and lift the door if it encounters an obstacle on the way down to the floor. If this feature no longer works correctly, the heavy door poses a safety hazard and the door opener should be repaired or replaced.
We will inspect your garage door with our inspection tune up to ensure that your garage door is safe and preforming properly , also we will lubricate and make any adjustments that need to be made
Give The Woodlands Garage Door Service a call today to schedule your yearly tune up for only $42.50
Justin Hodges 832-928-4407
Your garage and garage door is a large part of your home and if you aren’t careful, it can pose a safety risk, just like any other moving equipment. It is important to follow certain safety rules in order to keep your family safe from harm.
How Can You Keep Your Family Safe Around Your Automatic Garage Door?
The garage door could pose a threat to the safety of your loved ones, but there is no need to worry if you perform monthly maintenance, keep fingers away from moving parts, and don’t let kids play with the garage door opener. These five tips can help you keep your family safe around your automatic garage door.
- Monthly Maintenance
- Keep the Garage Door Opener Away from Kids
- Open the Door Prior to Starting the Car
- Keep Your Fingers Away from Garage Door Parts
- Keep It Locked
1) Monthly Maintenance
One of the top (and easiest) ways to keep your loved ones safe when dealing with an automatic garage door is to perform monthly check-ups on your garage. You can easily do this yourself by opening and closing the door while inspecting gears, cables, and garage door springs to make sure nothing has broken, and nothing is blocking the track.
2) Keep the Garage Door Opener Away from Kids
The garage door opener is not a toy and it is important to keep it away from your children. Be sure to discuss with them the dangers of a garage door and how it can cause serious injury if they play with the garage door and opener.
3) Open the Door Prior to Starting the Car
Never start your vehicle while the garage door is closed. Vehicles emit exhaust when running and sitting in a closed garage with the car running can be dangerous and even deadly.
4) Keep Your Fingers Away from Garage Door Parts
When opening and closing your garage door, make sure no one’s fingers are anywhere near the door and the moving parts. They could get stuck between the door sections, causing injury and pain.
ProTip: To keep kids safe around your automatic garage door, teach them to never touch or be too close to the door while it is opening or closing.
5) Keep It Locked
Unfortunately, there has been a rise in home invasions over the past few years and if you keep your garage door unlocked, it can be an easy way for intruders to make their way into your home. Always keep your garage door closed and locked to help keep the whole house and family safe.
Staying Safe Around Automatic Garage Doors
Garages are great for many reasons—storage, home projects, play—but, they can also pose safety and security challenges. By following the above safety tips you can help ensure that everyone stays safe around your automatic garage door.
Join the conversation to learn more garage door safety tips.
Having a working garage door is important! It is the largest moving part of your home and your garage keeps valuables safe. Just like anything else, it is important to keep your garage door serviced so you don’t run into issues.
It’s important to keep your garage door working in tip-top order. Getting a yearly service check is highly recommended and be sure to follow preventative measures to make sure you don’t end up with a garage door that won’t open or any other issues.
Regular Service Checks
To help keep from having issues with your garage door, it is important to have your garage door serviced by a garage door professional once a year. Getting regular service can help prolong the life of your garage door by ensuring it has proper lubrication, tightened bolts and springs, and the right spring tension.
ProTip: Even if your garage door seems to be working well, getting a yearly check is the best way to help prevent issues from arising.
In addition to having regular, yearly service checks, it’s important that you take preventative measures and do a monthly check on your garage door, too. Here are four things to pay attention to keep your garage door running like a pro.
- Look & Listen — One of the most important things to do is pay attention to how your garage door is working. Each time you use it, notice how it moves. Is it jerking or making a weird noise? Do the pulleys and cables look symmetrical? If you notice anything strange about how your garage door is operating, you need to give your garage door professional a call.
- Lubricate Moving Parts — Keeping the moving parts of your garage door lubricated will help keep everything moving smoothly and keep your garage door running smoothly. Ask your local garage door service company about the best types of lubricants to use.
- While you should never tinker with your garage door cables, it is a good idea to check them and make sure they are not damaged or broken. If they are, contact a professional immediately.
- Clear the Tracks — Sometimes things can get caught up or block your garage door tracks, so do a visual check to make sure there is nothing in their way.
Keep Your Garage Door Serviced
Your garage door is an important part of your home and it needs to be regularly serviced and maintained in order to work properly. By following the above guide, your garage door will keep working for years without issue.
Contact us for more information about when you should get your garage door serviced.
Your garage is an extension of your home and one of the first things people see when they are driving by or coming for a visit. Because of this, your garage door can either add beauty to your home or become an eyesore. While traditional garage doors keep valuables safe, they don’t always add value to your home.
What Should You Take Into Consideration With Custom Designs for Garage Doors?
If you’ve decided to make your home gorgeous by adding a custom garage door you need to take into consideration your door size, what type of style, materials, and whether you want windows. Here is more information about what to think about before you create your custom garage door:
- Door Size
- Door Style
- Panel Details
1) Door Size
Knowing the size of your garage door is an important first step in buying a custom garage door. Custom doors are made to order, so be sure to tell them whether you have a single or double garage door. Be sure to measure the width and height so you can have the perfect fit.
2) Door Style
There are so many garage door styles to choose from these days! Go with the popular carriage style door, or a swing, tri-fold, or contemporary style door. It’s a good idea to take into consideration the style of your home’s architecture and choose a door that compliments your homes existing architectural style.
Once you decide on a style, you can decide whether you want to add windows to your custom garage door. You can also decide how many windows you want, if any. Choose from having them run all the way across, or only a few to accent your door. There are also different glass options available, too, such as frosted glass, clear glass, and insulated glass.
4) Panel Details
Another thing to take into account is how many panels you have on your garage door. There are flat panels, raised panels, raised and recessed panels, and others to choose from.
ProTip: The number of panels will depend on your garage door style, so make sure to talk to your garage door professional about your options.
Standard garage doors are typically made from aluminum, but there are numerous other options to select when you have a custom garage door made for your home. Some options are custom wood, metal, higher quality aluminum, and other custom materials.
Custom Garage Door Designs
Custom garage doors allow you to create a home look that is unique to your home. Don’t get stuck with a plain and boring garage door–let your home stand out from the rest of the neighborhood when you design your custom garage door. Call your local garage door professional to start the design process today!
Contact us to learn more great custom design options for your garage door!
Is your garage door giving you problems? Do you just want a new garage door or garage door opener?
From simple garage door repairs to garage door installations
The Woodlands Garage Door Service does it all
For over 30 years the Hodges family has been serving The Woodlands community.
We are now located at 27493 Hanna Rd in Oak Ridge for your convenience. Feel free to stop by and make an appointment or give Justin Hodges call at 832-928-4407
We look forward to helping you with all you garage door needs
The Woodlands Garage Door Service
27493 Hanna Rd
Conroe TX 77385
The Woodlands Garage Door Service is the only Local garage door company in The Woodlands Texas
Justin Hodges has proudly served The Woodlands Texas community for over 30 years.
We stay local so that way we can take care of the community that means so much to us
Call Justin today for all your garage door needs
We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business