Just like anything, there are times your garage door might need repairs–especially if you have an older home or have neglected maintenance on it. Many homeowners will put off nagging problems for as long as they can, but that isn’t a great idea and can cause further issues if not taken care of. A small garage door problem may have an easy fix, but let it go for too long and it could cost you! Click To Tweet
Pay Attention to Garage Door Problems
It is extremely important to pay attention to your garage door and not delay the inevitable repair. Here are the top five garage doors you should not ignore and why it is important to have your garage door problem fixed sooner rather than later.
1) Squeaks & Squeals
If you hear intense squeaks and squeals from your garage door, it is best to have it checked out.
2) Door Won’t Close or Open All the Way
Another reason you need to call a garage door professional to check on your garage door is if it isn’t opening or closing all the way.
3) Bent or Broken Panels
Make sure to call a professional garage door service if you have bent or broken panels in your garage door.
4) Missing or Broken Springs
Missing or broken garage door springs can cause serious issues and even injuries if it is not properly repaired and will prevent your garage door from operating correctly.
5) Stuck in the Middle
If your garage door becomes stuck in the middle and the door won’t open or close, it is time to call a garage door professional.
If Your Ignore Your Garage Door Problems
Your garage cannot fix itself, and it is up to you to listen and pay attention to the sounds and issues involved with your garage door. If you ignore these problems, your garage door issues are more likely to worsen over time. Here are a few reasons why you should not avoid or ignore the above garage door issues:
- You will end up with a bigger garage door repair bill- If you let the problem go, it could worsen, causing you to fork out more money.
- Creates an insecure entrance to your home- If your garage is not working well, it can leave your house vulnerable and open for unwanted visitors.
- Lose insulation and climate control- Your broken garage door works similar to an open window, and can damage things kept in the garage with intense heat or weather.
- Safety and injury issues– A broken garage door can be dangerous–especially to young children or pets. Keep your family safe by having your garage door fixed as soon as you realize there is an issue.
Paying Attention to Garage Door Problems
Every time you are using your garage door, pay attention to the sounds and do an inspection of the parts at least twice a year for cracks, warping, or holes. Don’t wait until your garage door completely fails–contact a professional to help with your garage door problems as soon as you notice something is wrong.
To learn more about the top garage door problems you shouldn’t ignore, Contact Us.