You will need to call a professional for some of these solutions as it could be dangerous (they are marked with a * )
If you need any Garage Door Repairs, Installations, or Service Please call The Woodlands Garage Door Service @ 832-928-4407
Q: The bottom of your garage door is up on one side?
A: Possible causes of this problem
1.* A frayed torsion cable on you garage door — In this case you will need to replace your cables on your garage door
2.* A frayed extension spring cable on your garage door — In this case you will need to replace your cables on your extension springs
3. *Worn out extension spring pulleys on your garage door — If this is the problem you will need to replace the worn pulleys on your garage door
Q: Door closes only if you hold the push button down?
A: Possible Causes of this problem
Misaligned , dirty, or defective photo sensors ( These are the “eyes” at the bottom of your garage door on each side. The lights should NOT be blinking, If they are blinking please align the eyes to where they are seeing each other they should then be a solid color try pushing the button again and if this was the problem it should now be fixed)
Q: Garage Door closes part of the way then reverses back up?
A: Possible Causes
1. *Broken torsion cables on garage door — Replace the cables
2. *Broken extension cable — Replace the cables on extension springs
3. The Close force on the operator is not properly adjusted — You will need to adjust the downforce on the opener
4. Dry rollers, bearings — Lubricate with garage door lubrication which can be purchased at Lowes, Home Depot. Etc.
5. Misaligned, dirty, or defective photo eyes — Align, clean or replace
6. *Garage Door tracks are bent — Straighten, adjust, or replace the track on the garage door
7.* Worn out cable pulleys on garage door — Replace the pulleys system