A garage door opener uses photo eyes as safety devices to prevent damage or injury when the door is operated. If something gets in the path of the invisible beam between the photo eyes as the door is closing, the opener will stop closing and will reverse operation. If this happens follow the steps below to align the photo eyes. They should not be blinking at all. If you can not get this to work please give us a call @ 832-928-4407 & we will gladly help you in anyway we can or visit or website & make an appointment online www.woodlandsgaragedoor.com
1. Push the wall control button to open the garage door
2. Locate the photo eyes on each side of the garage door opening. The photo eyes mount on the outside of the door tracks towards the floor. They are usually black in color and will have small green or red LED lights.
3. Monitor the LED lights on the photo eyes watch for blinking lights. When one of the eyes is not working, or if there is an alignment problem, the LED lights will not be lit or will be blinking. They should be a solid color. If the lights are a solid color & not blinking push the wall unit or remote & see if the door closes. If it does you just fixed your problem. If not follow the steps below.
4. Check the connection of the wires to each of the photo eyes. The wire connects on the back of each eye with a slip-in connector. Pull the connector out with your finger and push the connector back into each eye. If the LED lights are now lit, the door will operate. If the LED lights are still unlit, more adjustments are necessary
5. Use a soft dry cloth to clean the lenses on both photo eyes. Sometimes dirt, dust and debris will obstruct the safety beam
6. Bend one of the photo eyes to attempt to realign the beam. Most often the photo eye has been hit or may misalign itself through normal door use. Grab the photo eye bracket and attempt to bend it slightly until the LED light is lit.
If none of these adjustments do not solve the problem, call The Woodlands Garage Door Service. The problem could be faulty photo eyes or a problem within the control board inside the door-opener motor
The Woodlands Garage Door Service